What you should know if you are dropping someone off or you are traveling on the Halifax Dreams flight:
Meet and Greet
Group Leaders/Chaperones will see a presentation two weeks prior to flight date, about how your day will go and then contact the Parents/Guardians of the Children chosen. What to bring, and what to expect will be discussed. The “Meet and Greet” is a good chance to ask questions, but if you have questions in advance you can also ask your contact person.
What to Bring
- If you take medication, please come with a 2 or 3 day supply.
- Children must have their Birth Certificate & Adults coming on the flight must have a passport.
- All children should be dressed for warm weather in Orlando. The Group Leader will provide clothing (shirts, shorts & footwear), caps, water bottles, and sunscreen to be worn for the trip.
- All adults should come dressed in their Dreams Take Flight shirt and capris, pants or shorts.
Arrival & Parking
- It is important that you are at the airport on time (03:00 am), because there are many things that have to be done before we leave for Orlando.
- If you are accompanying a child on the flight or dropping a child off at the airport, please park in LONG TERM PARKING. Organizers will have Free Parking Chits that you can get to pay for your time parked at the airport.(Your Child’s Group Leader will confirm during phone call in case something has changed).
- Accommodations in Halifax (for out of town children only) – Please speak with your Dreams contact for more information.
NOTE: The children will be dropped off in the Meeting Area at Baggage Arrivals and picked up at the Customs doors in the Arrivals Area of the terminal at the end of the day.(approx.12:15 midnight).
Schedule at the Halifax Airport
- Upon arrival at the Halifax (YHZ) airport, please check-in at the Registration Table in the Arrivals Area by the Baggage Carousels.
- If you have medication please proceed to the Group Leader. The medical team will be there to assist the groups with the medication and ensure that the procedures for use of the drugs are clearly understood by the Group Leader.
- Proceed to your Disney Group Number where you will meet your group and Group Leader The Parents/Guardians will go to the Family Holding Area at this time so the Groups can get ready without interruptions as we need to get done as quickly as possible. As soon as each Group is checked in and gets all their clothing on they will be heading upstairs through the Security area and off to the gate. Group Photos will be taken at this time for security reasons.
We will be Departing at 5:30am.
At Disney World
- Children will be in groups of FOUR with a Group leader and additional chaperons. Each group will go through Magic Kingdom at their own pace. Food, drinks, and lots of water will be provided. Each child will receive a souvenir from Disney World. Please do not send money with your child as DTF covers the whole day.
- Your group will stay together at all times during the day. There will be a group leader and other adult chaperons – depending on the needs of the group. You will have enough time to go on lots of rides and get many character autographs. Think ahead about what your most favorite things to do at Disney World will be as your group leader will want to know – and therefore plan a day for all to enjoy.
- Your group will meet on Main Street at 7:00 pm to begin departure from Disney World.
- Group leaders will have cameras and there will also be photographers at Disney World to take group and “action” photos. Your Dream Flight Photographers will create a photo book for your memories .
Back in Halifax
Parents can call Air Canada, 1.888.247.2262, for live flight arrival time (AC7002) or www.aircanada.ca. At airport, please go to the Arrivals end of the terminal by the SLIDING CUSTOMS DOORS to reunite with your child.
DTF Halifax will mail each child a photo book with the photos they captured throughout the day. Make sure we have your correct mailing address and phone numbers!
This is a No Smoking Day – absolutely no tobacco products allowed all day!
|3:00 AM||Check-in of children, volunteers and media on the flight at Halifax International Airport.|
|4:00 AM||Teams with all children present will start to go through security and board the flight. The entire group must clear security together. Everyone must sit in assigned seats.|
|5:30 AM||Flight departure. Once all of the children, volunteers, media & special guests are on board and seated the plane departs.|
|9:10 AM||Arrive at MCO. Groups will deplane together from the forward and aft doors. The groups will be met by the Florida Volunteers and everyone, including the flight crew, set up for the entire group picture outside the plane.|
|9:20 AM||Teams board buses and leave for Disney World.|
|10:00 AM||Arrive at Disney World Gate Entrance tickets are distributed and teams are off for their first ride. The children will visit Disney World in groups (teams) of Four children and Two adult chaperons. Each group will go through Magic Kingdom at their own pace. Food, drinks and lots of water will be provided. The teams will have the opportunity to take in the attractions, the rides, have lunch and get their team & individual pictures taken.|
|3:00 PM||Disney Parade on Main Street.|
|6:15 PM||Make sure you get on as many rides as possible
Canada Customs does not permit the volunteers to bring back items purchased.
|7:00 PM||Each team prepares to meet on Main Street to begin departures from Disney World. Group assembly and head count on Main Street. Teams re-board on the bus that they originally came in.|
|7:30 PM||Buses leave Disney World|
|8:15 PM||Buses arrive at MCO Airport|
|8:30 PM||Flight departure for Halifax. The children are given a few surprise items on the way home. They are buckled into their seats and their treasures stowed away.|
|12:15 AM||Arrival in Halifax. When the teams get back into the terminal meeting area where their families are waiting for them, they are each given a Bentley backpack with memorabilia to help remind them of their trip.|